There are different processes that must be followed to successfully buy a house in the UK. Below are the major steps that are required to buy a property in the UK;
- Do your Research: Start researching the type of property in your choice location within your budget. Your local estate agent and online property portal such as Rightmove or Zoopla is a good starting point.
- Stick to your Budget: Look at your finance and budget efficiently including all the expenses involved in buying a property. In the UK apart from the cost of the property you will need to budget for the lenders fee, mortgage broker fee, Conveyance solicitor fee, Stamp duty, Surveyor fee, refurbishment, decoration etc.
- Mortgage: If you don’t have the cash to buy your house, you will need a mortgage to finance the purchase. Looking for the best mortgage is very important as this can save or cost you a lot of money in the short or long term. The answer is simple; get an independent mortgage broker that can search the whole of the mortgage market and advice you on the best mortgage type and deals available for you.
- Solicitor: A conveyance solicitor is required to do the legal and administrative work required to process and complete the house purchase.
- Make an Offer: This is not easy as it sounds because if not done properly it might delay or cost you more than necessary. Again you will need to do your research on the price the house is worth in its present condition compare to similar houses in the area and decide on how much you are willing to pay. Negotiation skills are very important here to put in a good offer and you might need the help of a property professional.
- Survey: The lender normally carries out a basic valuation and its left or optional for the buyer to carry out a building survey to look at the condition of the house before buying.
- Exchange and Completion: Contract are exchange. You hand over deposit which are non-refundable if you pull out of the sale. Once you and your solicitor is satisfied everything is in order the contract can be exchanged. You(buyer) and the seller have to sign the contract and are legally bound to follow through to completion.
For property investment in the UK from start to finish, Please Contact me
Dennis Bebo – MSC, BSC, DEA, CeMAP
TA DenEco Consultancy – www.deneco.co.uk