Major refurbishment work often involves coordinating several jobs, such as external or internal wall insulation, re-roofing, painting, decoration, kitchen or bathroom installation, window replacement etc.
The potential for undertaking the project yourself will depend on two main things – the complexity of the property and how accomplished and skilled a DIYer you are. In some cases it can be worth appointing or hiring the service of an architect, building surveyor or builder who can:
- Draw up a programme of works designed to minimise disturbance to occupants.
- Produce a budget and breakdown of costings.
- Organise planning applicationa and liaise with Building Control.
- Prepare drawings and specifications for builders to price from, and for the Building Regs application.
- Invite quotes or tender the work to an agreed list of contractors.
- Project manage and administer the contract, including site visit.
What do you think? Comment, like and share
Thinking of buying a property?
Need help with property investment in the UK from start to finish, Please Contact me
Dennis Bebo – MSC, BSC, DEA, CeMAP
TA DenEco Consultancy – www.deneco.co.uk