House buyers and renters decide within few seconds whether your house is ‘the one’. Updating the front and inside of your property for instant first impression can help bring those buyers and renters in and have them hooked on your home.
Basic updates that can give you the required first impression are;
- Kerb appeal – make your property attractive from the road. Mow the grass, move bins, clean windows, impressive front door with lighting’s/flower decor, and tidy the garden and surroundings.
- De-clutter – clear out the junk and depersonalise the space. Ditch or store away personal stuffs, kids’ drawings, and unnecessary items. The main goal is for potential buyers or renters to envision themselves in your home, and they can’t do that if your stuff is everywhere they look. All signs of you should be gone and replace with special items and features that appeal to your target buyers or renters.
- Fix or replace faulty items/workmanship – little things like switch, lighting’s, door handles, cabinet nobs, tiles, paint, wall paper can be a deal breaker.
- Make small improvements that pack a punch – focus your attention on the kitchen, bathrooms, and flooring, you can boost a tired home’s overall appearance for less than you think.
- Standout furniture and fittings – Where possible invest in furniture and fittings that will give lasting impression on your target buyers or renters. For example fire place, wardrobe, bath, light fittings. The aim is to have an item that gives a wow factor in almost every room.
Pls Comment, like and share
Thinking of buying a property?
Need help with property purchase in the UK from start to finish, Please Contact me
Selling or renting your property in Greater Manchester? Get same day EPC for £45 only