Did you know that rogue traders are taking advantage of vulnerable UK home homeowners who are under increasing pressure to meet soaring living costs? Rogue traders will try to tempt you with ‘last minute deals’, cash in hand’ deals and installation work that is not backed by guarantees/insurance to protect you.
Beware, not only is this illegal as the work will not comply with the Building Regulations, but the work will ultimately cost more and create more hassle in the longer term when the installation work turns pear shaped.
How to avoid cowboy builders
- Tip 1 – Always go by a recommendation.
- Tip 2 – Qualifications often prove competence.
- Tip 3 – Be very specific specifying the works you want carried out.
- Tip 4 – Agree the price of the job before starting any works.
- Tip 5 – Pick installers who specifically carry out the works you want.
- Tip 6 – Minimise upfront payments.
Pls Comment, like and share
Thinking of buying a property?
Need help with residential and commercial property purchase/finance in the UK from start to finish, Please Contact me
Selling or renting your property in Greater Manchester? Get same day EPC for £45 only