Even if you don’t want to spend time and money redecorating, there are still lots of simple ways to improve your lighting.
These could include:
- Changing the central light fitting. There are myriad of different light fittings. Pendant lights are simply those that fit on the ceiling. Downlighters provide general lighting directed downwards and can be subtle if recessed. Uplighters have the opposite effect, reflecting light from the ceiling and upper walls, gently illuminating the whole room. Wall lights are usually fitted to supplement a ceiling pendent but they can also be used independently in areas such as hallways.
- Using the correct light bulbs for your light fitting. Energy efficient light bulbs are now available in a wide range of types and designs, even for dimmer switches, so there’s no excuse for keeping your old, incandescent bulbs.
- Adding floor and table lamps. For specific areas of the room used for particular tasks, such as a desk in a study, cabinet or a kitchen work surface. The best choices are directional desk, table and floor lamps.
- Replacing shades. Changing the shades to suit the purpose of the lamp or light fittings to fit in with the interior design of the room.
- Installing a dimmer switch. Dimmer switches are cheap and easy to install but have the power to instantly change the atmosphere of a room. they can be used in fixed light fittings, floor and table lamps.
For property investment in the UK from start to finish, Please Contact me
Dennis Bebo – MSC, BSC, DEA, CeMAP
TA DenEco Consultancy – www.deneco.co.uk